Thursday, June 19, 2008

STREAMING SUN

After watching the 1961 autobiographical film, Bridge To The Sun on TCM tonight, I recall what an impact this tender, war torn, well-acted film [the incomparable Carroll Baker and James Shigeta] made on me as a preteen when I first watched it on NBCs Saturday Night at the Movies. I was inspired to buy the book, and eventually I wrote to its author, Gwen Terasaki, who graciously replied with a wonderful note. Subconsciously, I think the film planted a seed that later would blossom into my yearn to travel and a profound interest in not only the Asian community, but a zest for learning about other cultures, as well.






I just called Amoeba in Hollywood and, drats, it’s not on DVD yet. . . .

2 comments:

Noel Alumit said...

Wow, I need to see this movie!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog too. Keep in touch, I am a graduated journalist and would like to learn much more from a experienced person like you. Awesome!!

Rocco xxx