Sunday, May 25, 2008

BOLLYWOOD IN CULVER CITY




Last night in Culver City, I had my first exposure to a film from India, Bhootnath. Over-the-top, theatrical, and all-out fun! At first I resisted, but once I suspended my beliefs of what a film should be, I really was delightfully captured.

After the movie, I spoke with an Indian lady in the lobby who told me that the ghost in the film was played by a very famous actor, Amitabh Bachchan. Indeed, he’s charismatic, suave, and handsome. Think Cary Grant. Can’t wait to Bollywood again.

3 comments:

Jus Epal said...

Hey there
theres lots of interesting n great Bollywood movie.For myself i really love Dhadkan, Devdas, Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gam and etc. Love the songs and the words they using.
Happy weekend then...
-WH

Dann said...

Hey Wan --

I am now a new Bollywood fan. I want to see more! Thanks for the suggestions. Stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

My recommendations--from the '60s: Mera Nam Joker. From the '80s: Khuda Gawah (starring a much younger Amitabh Bachchan). Recent: Umrao Jaan (starring the stunning Aishwarya Rai). DVDs can be picked up at reasonable prices in shops on Pioneer Blvd in Artesia, but I prefer the big screen. I'll have to get to Culver City which is close by.