Friday, January 1, 2010

A NEW DECADE, A WISE GENTLEMAN

Crappy 2009 has finally departed. Hallelujah!!

["When ya leave, don't let the door hit ya in the ass", my Uncle Jack used to say]



Being in a new decade makes me think about all the iconic writers that are still around creating and contributing to the culture pool.
Gore Vidal falls into this category. Today, and the past few days, I’ve been paging through his recent project,
Snapshots in History’s Glare. It's a scrapbook filled with personal letters, photographs, and his reflection looking back on them.



Nearly five years ago I had the opportunity to interview Gore at his Hollywood Hills home . . . .

Entrance to his estate


Front door


Living room


Photographer, Jordan Ancel and my friend and associate, Matthew Hetznecker




My interview with Gore can be found at:




No comments: