Thursday, May 17, 2012

BAD GIRL -- YEAH!

LONG LIVE DISCO AND IT'S QUEEN!



IN 1979, my first time to Europe, I was visiting Munich. I knew that this was the city Donna Summer recorded, "Love to Love You Baby." So I just had to go the studios where it all got started. The people I was staying with just couldn't understand. They said: "Why do you want to go there? There's nothing there but just a storefront." But I had to go. It took me a couple of subway rides to get there, but I finally arrived. My friends were right; there was nothing there. It was very non-desrcript. But I had great satisfaction knowing that I was in the exact area where Donna Summer was and where disco began.

On another note, for several years now I've been in contact with Donna's PR trying to interview her. Sadly, it will never happen . . . But recently I did interview the other Queen of Disco, GLORIA GAYNOR! That will soon be an article in A&U magazine and you can see the video of our interview at:www.DANNandKELLY.com

No comments: