Sunday, August 17, 2008

CORE CENTER

CONGRATS to Constantina Tomescu-Dita for winning the gold medal in the women’s marathon yesterday and she’s [only] 38 years old. YES! It was an electrifying and exhilarating race . I watched with panting breath and racing heart cheering for Constantina.

I am inspired by the core strength of these Olympic athletes. All creative energy stems and flows through the core, whether physical or mental, whether running or writing.
Watching them perform in Beijing brings memories of when I traveled there in the summer of 2005. I remember seeing the Birds Nest under construction. I also recall the hundreds of commuting bicyclists on the streets, walking through the entire Titanic-size Forbidden City, and attending the first international annual AIZHI Conference in Beijing. The theme was human rights and Davidd and I were guests of Dr. Wan Yanhai, founder of AIZHI, an AIDS organization. I also interviewed Wan while Davidd shot the photography. See link below for article.


Also did an interview with actor, Carl Ng.
[See link below.]





















Davidd and I spent several weeks in Beijing and a month traveling around China. It was a life-changing adventure I will never forget. Highlights throughout the entire journey include: the Great Wall and the Empress' Summer Palace in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, a 4 night cruise down the Yangtze (Yellow) River, the awesome futuristic architecture of Shanghai, the surreal beauty of the mountainscapes in Guilin, the bustling splendor of Hong Kong from both the Island and Peninsula, and of course, reveling in some of the best bargain(ing) prices to be had on clothes and merchandise in each city!





We met up with Janine and Jesus on a tour of The Great Wall and then paled around Beijing together. Here we are at the Summer Palace. Both have now become friends.



The Yangtze River



Shanghai



Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
A grand view from our room at The Peninsula, Hong Kong

http://aumag.org/features/WanFeb06.html


http://aumag.org/features/RubyFebruary06.html

8 comments:

aeothoin said...

thanks for dropping by my blog, u travel a lot too. x i got u linked btw.

rehabman said...

thanks for the visit. can we exchange links? let me know soon.

*cheers*

Dann said...

Hey Aeothoin, your blog is unique. I really like the creative visuals. Where are you traveling to next? Have you been to LA?

Good to hear from you, Rehabman. Ahh, Dubai and that area I would LOVE to travel there. Do I hear an invitation?! My email: LionDash@aol.com

Cheers

Ken Summers said...

Is there anywhere you do not travel... or anyone you do not interview? Goodness gracious, you put Phileas Fogg to shame! And here, my renewed passport is completely stampless. Drat.

Just how many pages will your memoir be? 1000??

Nathan West said...

love the photos. Wish I can travel as much as ya ay.~~

Dann said...

Hey Ken -

My Memoir will be approximately 2 to 3 pages in length. Wait. No, about 5.

Hi Nathan -

Thanks for dropping in. Shall we meet, say in Bangkok or Phuket next week for lunch?! That's about half way isn't it? Your blog is entertaining and I LOVE the pics!

Allie Boniface said...

Love the pics here! And thanks for dropping by my blog. I'll link you if you want ~

LUKE said...

Wow Great Pics!